When I turned 25, the idea of a quarter-life crisis and only living to 100-years old really bothered me. So, I decided to aim for 125.
Considering I’m in the fitness and health arena, just published an article about my own fat loss goals, my blog is pink, I post selfies, and I’m a woman, you may assume (falsely) that Aiming for 125 is about getting to a goal weight of 125 pounds. That couldn’t be further from the truth.*
For me, aiming for 125 is about living each day with as much fulfillment and happiness as possible, for as many days as possible, hopefully around 35,400 more. In the immortal words of Chris Traeger**, “Scientists believe that the first human being who will live 150 years has already been born. I believe I am that human being.” Without all the running. Just a little bit of running. But a little less relentless optimism.
- Live every day the way that I want to and think is best
- Choose happiness
- Face challenges head on
- Add value to other peoples’ lives
- Be the change I want to see in the world
- Give other people the benefit of the doubt
- Learn as much as I can about how the world works
- Be around people who inspire, challenge, and love me
- Be around people who I inspire, challenge, and love
- Be in the sun
- Get as much sleep as I can
- Eat food that I love and that nourishes me
- Move my body as many ways as I can
- Lift heavy things
- Leave the world a little better than I found it
*I guess it would be pretty rad if I could get to 125 pounds of muscle… Not the point.
** I love Parks and Recreation